QtVlm Weather Tools
View online Weather (Météo)
- Passage Weather: Global Atlantique Nord Atlantic South Méditerrean Océan Indien Pacific North Pacific South
- Météo France:
- Wetterzentrale : GFS JMA
- WeatherOnline : Nord Brésil Europe Atlantic Manche Méditerranéan Indian Océan Australia NewZéaland
- Aviation Weather
- Wind Finder: Europe Africa Asia Oceania North America South America
- Also, site online NOAA
- GRIB.US runs on Windows,
- GRIB files recovery GRIB.US
- Software provides recovery area maps on display but hardly a planetary map, prefer it to MaxSea viewer or zyGgrib.
- MaxSea Viewer: works on Windows -liens_meteo/lisez-moi.zip Readme
- GRIB file viewer: allows tracing a route
Its main features are:
- Download GRIB files for any area that Globe NOAA
- View GRIB files (Pressure, Wind, Temperature, Precipitation, ...
- Position of crossing points, draw lines great circle ...
'Note:' QtVlm is an evolution of zyGrib for the following functions: connection VLM, synchros WP, pilototos orders, orders of roads, recovering competitors, etc. .. ...)
To recover the gribs
- Straight from the source: [Download http://blog.huguesbernard.eu/post/2007/12/17/Assembler-les-fichiers-GRIB-du-NOAA and assemble files automatically gribs NOAA].
- The current forecasts used by vlm http://grib.virtual-loup-de-mer.org/
- By mail: send an email to query (at) saildocs (lil dot) com, the response is fast messaging
Encoder ** in the message body: send gfs: xxS, xxS, XXW, XXW | 0.5,0.5 | 0.3 .. 72 | wind (put what you want in the subject) XxS **, xxS, XXW, XXW the requested area (can be xxN, xxS, XXW, xxE ...) 0.5 ** is = one degree grid info wind every 0.5 degree 0.3 .. ** 72: foresaw the 0 to 72 with a given every 3 hours
- Ex. gfs: 41S, 55S, 140W, 179W | 0.5,0.5 | 0.3 .. 72 | wind (41S northern limit, southern limit 55S, 179W western boundary limit is 140W)
- If you get a small few kb file it is likely that this is due to a too large area required
Warning ** if your email is configured with an anti-spam, the file may be considered undesirable (Do ad hoc manipulations to recover)